Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Chemistry (CHM 130)

I like SCIENCE.
I like learning how and why things in nature happen, how we classify things, the laws and rules of why this is the way it is, and etc.

Therefore I took CHM 130 in college this semester because I thought I'd like to learn about the chemical composition and structure of different elements and what they're used for, what they do, why happens when they mix, etc...

Long story short, I was WRONG.
I don't like CHEMISTRY anymore.
I want to experiment, learn characteristics of elements and chemicals and stuff like that NOT balance chemical equations, do stoichiometry, convert Fahrenheit/Celsius to Kelvins, use moles and Avogadro's number and all this damn math. I HATE MATH with a passion...but that's a whole 'nother blog post. Plus waking up at 5:30 to get there by 7 is NO BUENO!
I wanted CHEMISTRY to be fun discovery, not math galore.

Anyways,
I have chem lab on Fridays, which is my favorite part of the class. 4/16/2010 We did a lab on pH levels of different chemicals [unknown to us students] where by adding a few drops of the red cabbage indicator to each of the clear chemicals we found out if it was acidic or basic. It was fun and easy lab and was the best one yet. I learned first hand what chemicals ARE acids and ARE bases.
Photobucket

This was why I fell in love with science in the beginning for the discovery not the math.

Scientifically a proven fact,
Mikeman

No comments: